Inertia is an engineering consultancy firm specialising in the delivery of structural, civil and water engineering solutions for clients within the built environment.
We have built an enviable reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative solutions and are known for our multidisciplinary approach that delivers exceptional outcomes for our clients. On the back of continued success, we are seeking an Accounts Officer to join our team.
The role will fall within our Support Team and assist with the accounts payable and receivable functions of the business as well as providing administrative and clerical services for the business. The right candidate will be experienced in both accounts payable and receivable and be organized, enthusiastic, and enjoy working in a vibrant consultancy environment.
- Flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs with an opportunity to grow into a full time role
- Opportunity to advance your career and be part of a growing, successful business
- Rewarding remuneration package
- An excellent company culture based on mutual respect, enjoying what we do and doing it well. Come to our new office and have a chat to see for yourself
- Process all creditor invoices, accurately matching them to purchase orders in the system
- Process creditor payments on an as required basis
- Liaise directly with suppliers and internal staff to resolve issues when required
- Assist with processing and issuing of monthly debtor invoicing and statements
- Entering bills into our financial software for approval (Xero)
- Assist with debtor collections and payment reminders
- Assist with invoice reconciliations, RCTI processing and credit note adjustments
- Assist in the preparation of documents and reports including but not limited to; statutory declarations, insurance certificates, and various project reports.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant accounts/bookkeeping qualification (at least Diploma level) and/or relevant experience or training with regard to accounts management and processing
- Experience in the use of financial software (Xero) with accurate data entry skills, and a general aptitude for analysing, interpreting, and reporting on financial data
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including sound cultural sensitivity and customer/client focus
- Demonstrated experience in prioritising, and completing tasks within deadlines and the scope of policies, procedures, and standards, whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment
- Internal and external customer service focus, with experience in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound level of experience in accounting and administrative positions with experience in the use of the Xero accounting package including reconciliation, journal entries, and a strong knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Like working in an energetic and vibrant environment, while being committed to excellent outcomes
- Have the ambition to develop and learn on the job
- Can effectively communicate within a team and with our partners.
We like to have fun! The team have created a successful Cultural Committee with a Strive to Thrive Program with a ‘real’ focus on community, wellness, and growth. We provide an afternoon of trivia, a running club, mentoring program and a calendar of fun annual events, a sample of what’s on offer.
- Recognise your efforts and celebrate your achievements
- Provide you with opportunities to use your creativity, experience, and skills to deliver outstanding results and succeed as a professional.
- Support your desire to innovate, challenge the norm and push boundaries by enabling access to resources to enhance your knowledge and support your growth.
- Foster a culture where teamwork is championed, collaboration is valued and balance is achieved by enjoying what we do and who we are.