Inertia is an engineering consultancy firm specialising in the delivery of structural, civil and water engineering solutions for clients within the built environment.
We have built an enviable reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative solutions and are known for our multidisciplinary approach that delivers exceptional outcomes for our clients.
On the back of continued success, we are seeking a Civil Engineer with a strong interest in stormwater management/flood modelling to join our team where they can assist in the delivery of a diverse range of developments.
- Flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs
- A dynamic role within a growing team
- Diverse projects across water/urban/land development and infrastructure markets
- Salary package to reflect industry experience
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, successful business
- An excellent company culture based on mutual respect, enjoying what we do and doing it well. Come and have a chat to see for yourself.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years experience working as an engineer within the civil construction industry
- Demonstrated experience in stormwater drainage design, pavements, earthworks for various development sites
- A strong interest in stormwater management/flood modelling
- Experience in DRAINS / MUSIC. TUFLOW experience would be an advantage.
- Proficient in utilising Australian Standards relevant to Civil Design
- Familiar with South East Queensland (SEQ) local authority standards and guidelines
- Clear understanding of relevant local authority approval processes and systems
- Class C Driver’s license
- Like working in an energetic and fun work environment, while being committed to excellent project outcomes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work effectively within a team or independently
- Able to think on ‘the go’, adapting to and working with a variety of situations, individuals and teams.
- Want to work on interesting projects that will challenge your skills and assist with your growth in the engineering consultancy sector.
We like to have fun! The team has created a successful Cultural Committee with a Strive to Thrive Program with a ‘real’ focus on community, wellness, and growth. We provide an afternoon of trivia, a running club, mentoring program and a calendar of fun annual events, a sample of what’s on offer.
- Recognise your efforts and celebrate your achievements
- Provide you with opportunities to use your creativity, experience, and skills to deliver outstanding results and succeed as a professional.
- Support your desire to innovate, challenge the norm and push boundaries by enabling access to resources to enhance your knowledge and support your growth.
- Foster a culture where teamwork is championed, collaboration is valued and balance is achieved by enjoying what we do and who we are.