Working as a Civil/Stormwater Engineer at Inertia, you will use your skills and knowledge of civil and stormwater design and reporting to assist in the delivery of Inertia’s diverse range of projects. The role will allow you to work autonomously while supporting (and being supported) by our Civil Principal and design team.
A typical week will consist of:
- Participating in team meetings and project kickoffs
- Delivering civil engineering reports and design for industrial, commercial, multi-residential and other unique projects
- Problem-solving, because you love it!
- Liaising with stakeholders and managing project outcomes
- Working with people who are focused on great design and enjoying their time at work!
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering and 3 + years post-graduate design experience in civil engineering within Australia
- Experience in the assessment of development applications and masterplans from a stormwater and floodplain risk management perspective
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write well-argued, technical reports
- Civil engineering design and management experience in land development including subdivisional, commercial, retail, residential and industrial projects.
- Excellent understanding of civil engineering practices involving Council infrastructure assets
- Proven experience in the use of hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality software packages such as HEC-RAS, XPRAFTS, XPSTORM/SWMM, MUSIC, etc with respect to latest Australian standards.
- Current permanent resident of Australia
- Experience and confidence in any of the following software packages: 12D, Civil 3D, Bluebeam
- Sewer and water design experience
- Demonstrated experience overseeing construction administration including preparation of contracts and specifications
- Like working in an energetic and fun culture, while being committed to excellent project outcomes
- Have technical and mentoring skills to assist and develop Civil Engineering personnel
- Have the ability to delegate tasks and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Have a result orientated approach and can effectively communicate within a team and with our partners
- Recognise your efforts and celebrate your achievements
- Provide you with opportunities to use your creativity, experience and skills to deliver outstanding projects and succeed as a professional.
- Support your desire to innovate, challenge the norm and push boundaries by enabling access to resources to enhance your knowledge and support your growth.
- Foster a culture where teamwork is championed, collaboration is valued and balance is achieved by enjoying what we do and who we are.
- Flexible work arrangements and are family focused
- A broad range of projects and experience
- A friendly team with an excellent culture that includes; a great office, active social club, inter-office activities like BBQs & trivia, sports teams, and generally having lots of fun!
For any questions relating to this role or other career opportunities with Inertia please contact Jason Ray at email@example.com or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Only Candidates demonstrating all of the above skills & attributes will be considered and only short-listed Candidates will be contacted.