Inertia is an engineering consultancy firm specialising in the delivery of structural, civil and water engineering solutions for clients within the built environment.
We have built an enviable reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative solutions and are known for our multidisciplinary approach that delivers exceptional outcomes for our clients.
On the back of continued success, we are seeking a Senior Water Engineer with proven project experience in stormwater management/flood modelling to bring their technical experience, passion, and individualism to our Water team.
- Diverse stormwater and flood projects spread across multiple sectors
- Rewarding remuneration package to reflect industry experience
- Flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs
- A dynamic role within a growing team
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, successful business
- An excellent company culture based on mutual respect, enjoying what we do and doing it well. Come and have a chat to see for yourself.
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- 6+ years experience within the stormwater and flooding field
- Experience working on urban/land development projects for private developers as well as projects for state and local government.
- An excellent understanding and comprehension of hydrological and hydraulic investigations for urban and rural catchments
- Knowledge and experience using QUDM, ARR2019 and local government planning schemes.
- Experience undertaking and preparing Stormwater Management Plans and Flood Impact Assessments.
- Strong skills in MUSIC, XPRAFTS, WBNM, XPSWMM/XPSTORM, HEC‑RAS, DRAINS, TUFLOW and QGIS software packages.
- Proficient in utilising Australian Standards relevant to Civil Design
- Proven track record of coordinating teams, designs and projects.
- Experience in interacting with clients and project teams, agreeing on deliverables, and managing resources to deliver projects.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to mentor young engineers.
- Chartered professional engineer status / Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) qualified or on your way to achieving this.
- Like working in an energetic and fun culture, while being committed to excellent project outcomes
- Want to work on interesting projects that will challenge your skills and creativity
- Have technical and mentoring skills to assist and develop Civil Engineering personnel
- Have the ability to delegate tasks and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Have a result-orientated approach and can effectively communicate within a team and with our partners.
- You should have full working rights to live and work in Australia.
We like to have fun! The team have created a successful Cultural Committee with a Strive to Thrive Program with a ‘real’ focus on community, wellness, and growth. We provide an afternoon of trivia, a running club, mentoring program and a calendar of fun annual events.
- Recognise your efforts and celebrate your achievements
- Provide you with opportunities to use your creativity, experience, and skills to deliver outstanding results and succeed as a professional.
- Support your desire to innovate, challenge the norm and push boundaries by enabling access to resources to enhance your knowledge and support your growth.
- Foster a culture where teamwork is championed, collaboration is valued and balance is achieved by enjoying what we do and who we are.