Inertia is an engineering consultancy specialising in delivering structural, civil and water engineering solutions for clients within the built environment. We have built an enviable reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative solutions and are known for our multidisciplinary approach that delivers exceptional outcomes for our clients.
On the back of recent successes and a strong pipeline of work, we are seeking an Associate Structural Engineer to bring their passion, technical ability, and team building experience to our Buildings team.
- Rewarding remuneration package
- Diverse projects spread across multiple sectors
- Flexible working to suit individual needs
- Autonomy to lead and deliver multiple projects concurrently, with resources provided and plenty of senior support.
- Opportunity to foster existing and develop new relationships in a client-focused orientated business
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, successful business
- An excellent company culture based on mutual respect, enjoying what we do and doing it well. Come and have a chat to see for yourself 🙂
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Chartered professional engineer status / Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) qualified
- Experience in the design of structural/residential/commercial, residential multi-level building structures, with at least 5 years recently in the building industry in Australia and preferably 15 in total.
- Either currently an Associate or a Senior Engineer ready to step-up into this role
- Experience in interacting with clients and project teams, agreeing on deliverables, and managing resources to deliver projects.
- Strong technical skills, from first principles to using software.
- Advanced ability to interpret the requirements of Australian standards and building codes.
- A network of clients who have been satisfied with your approach to structural consultancy.
- Proven track record of coordinating teams, designs and projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to convey information accurately.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Like working in an energetic and fun culture, while being committed to excellent project outcomes
- Have a team orientated attitude and ability to support and nurture less experienced staff
- Have a drive to further develop your career and assist with business development
- Have an ability to build rapport with all types of clients and project stakeholders.
- Want to work on interesting projects that will challenge your skills and creativity
- Have technical and mentoring skills to assist and develop Structural Engineering personnel
- Have the ability to delegate tasks and ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- You should have full working rights to live and work in Australia.
- Recognise your efforts and celebrate your achievements
- Provide you with opportunities to use your creativity, experience and skills to deliver outstanding projects and succeed as a professional.
- Support your desire to innovate, challenge the norm and push boundaries by enabling access to resources to enhance your knowledge and support your growth.
- Foster a culture where teamwork is championed, collaboration is valued and balance is achieved by enjoying what we do and who we are.
- For any questions relating to this role or other career opportunities with Inertia please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Only Candidates demonstrating all of the above skills & attributes will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.