X Cargo is a new social hub coming to Fortitude Valley. The site covers two expansive blocks on McLachlan Street and is designed to be a predominately open-air space. The intriguing stacked shipping container design combined with purpose-built infrastructure allows for a collection of distinct spaces such as an open-air cafe, multiple food stalls and food trucks and two permanent rotating pop-up bars (that’s right, rotating!).
It doesn’t end there! This place will also feature an outdoor cinema, multiple rooftop terraces, function rooms.
Our structural design featured:
- Reinforcing typical shipping containers with 200 PFC bottom rails and joists
- Reinforcing half height containers with handrails and mullions to accommodate additional loading
- Intricate connection details between container to container
- Portal frame bracing where required
- Structural Design of supporting / Ancillary structures for the X Cargo shipping container floor plan