The Midtown Centre is set to become one of the most interesting and unique developments in Brisbane. In an Australian first, this project re-purposes two existing skyscrapers to become one. This complex process has enormous environmental benefits, with 90% of the existing structure being reused leading to a lower carbon footprint and less pollution.
The two existing 20 storey towers, with common 3 level podium will be re-purposed to achieve a through laneway, combined floor plate and extend to 26 stories. The completed development will deliver retail tenancies off the new laneway and up to 42,000 square metres of A grade commercial space.
We were also thrilled to hear that The Midtown Centre has been nominated as a finalist in the Australian Engineering Excellence Awards for 2020!
More details here: https://inertiaeng.com.au/2020/09/the-midtown-centre-brisbane-cbd/
- Project Value: $175M
- Pre-purchase due diligence
- Civil & Structural Design
- Understanding of the existing structure
- Strengthening works to columns and core
- Complex existing podium with significant changes proposed
- Limited floor to floor heights requiring consideration of various options